Last Update: 311 AM EST TUE MAR 3 2015
The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisTHE NEXT ARCTIC FRONT OVER MINNESOTA WILL MOVE ACROSS
LAKE ERIE TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE 30.60 INCHES OVER THE DAKOTAS
WEDNESDAY WILL CROSS OHIO EARLY FRIDAY THEN THE NEXT COLD FRONT
SHOULD CROSS THE LAKE LATE SATURDAY.
- Today Southeast winds 5 to 15 knots becoming south 10 to 20 knots. Snow developing west to east...changing to sleet and freezing rain then to rain. The lake is mostly ice covered.
- Tonight Southwest winds 15 to 25 knots becoming west to 30 knots. Rain early...changing to snow and tapering off.
- Wednesday West winds 15 to 25 knots.
- Wednesday Night West winds 10 to 20 knots becoming northwest and diminishing to around 10 knots.
- Thursday Northwest winds 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest.
- Friday Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots.
- Saturday Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots becoming west and diminishing to 10 knots or less. A chance of snow showers.
waves omitted due to the lake being mostly ice covered.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE