Last Update: 912 PM EDT THU SEP 18 2014
Lake Erie/The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.30 INCHES WILL BUILD OVER THE
GREAT LAKES OVERNIGHT THEN OFF THE EAST COAST BY SATURDAY. A COLD
FRONT FROM THE NORTHERN PLAINS WILL SWEEP ACROSS LAKE ERIE ON
SUNDAY...WITH A TROUGH LINGERING OVER THE EASTERN GREAT LAKES
THROUGH MONDAY. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.20 INCHES WILL BUILD OVER THE
OHIO VALLEY BY TUESDAY...THEN EXPAND OVER THE GREAT LAKES ON
- Overnight Northeast winds 5 to 15 knots becoming east. Waves 1 to 3 feet.
- Friday East winds 10 knots or less. Waves 2 feet or less.
- Friday Night East winds 10 to 15 knots becoming south. Waves 1 to 3 feet.
- Saturday South winds 10 to 20 knots becoming southwest 15 to 25 knots. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 3 to 5 feet.
- Saturday Night Southwest winds 15 to 25 knots diminishing to 10 to 20 knots. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet.
- Sunday West winds 10 to 20 knots becoming north. A chance of thunderstorms in the morning. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet subsiding to 1 to 3 feet.
- Monday Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots becoming west. Waves 2 feet or less.
- Tuesday West winds 10 knots or less becoming northeast. Waves 2 feet or less.
winds and waves higher in and near thunderstorms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Erie/The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE