Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 956 PM EDT THU OCT 30 2014
Lake Erie/The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE 30.10 INCHES OVER THE UPPER OHIO VALLEY
WILL MOVE OFF THE EAST COAST FRIDAY. LOW PRESSURE 29.80 INCHES
AND THE ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WILL SLIDE SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE
GREAT LAKES INTO NORTHERN OHIO FRIDAY AFTERNOON....THEN REDEVELOP
OFF THE EAST COAST AND DEEPEN TO 29.40 INCHES BY SUNDAY. A LARGE
AREA OF CANADIAN HIGH PRESSURE 30.30 INCHES WILL DRIFT TO THE
CENTRAL GREAT LAKES BY SUNDAY AND LAKE ERIE BY MONDAY.
- Overnight Southwest winds 5 to 10 knots. A chance of showers late. Waves 2 feet or less.
- Friday Southwest winds 5 to 15 knots becoming northwest. A chance of showers through mid morning...then rain from late morning on. Waves 2 feet or less.
- Friday Night Northwest winds 10 to 20 knots becoming north and increasing to 30 knots overnight. North gales to 35 knots possible. Showers. Waves building to 7 to 10 feet.
- Saturday North winds to 30 knots diminishing to 20 to 25 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 7 to 10 feet subsiding to 5 to 8 feet.
- Saturday Night North winds 15 to 25 knots diminishing to 10 to 20 knots. Waves 5 to 8 feet subsiding to 4 to 6 feet.
- Sunday Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots becoming southwest. Waves 3 to 5 feet subsiding to 1 to 3 feet.
- Monday Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots. A chance of rain showers. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 2 to 4 feet.
- Tuesday Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet subsiding to 1 to 3 feet.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Erie/The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE