Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 954 PM EST SUN NOV 23 2014
Lake Erie/The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM EST MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...
...LOW WATER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM MONDAY TO 4 PM EST TUESDAY...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE 29.30 INCHES OVER THE MIDWEST WILL
DEEPEN TO 28.90 INCHES AS IT MOVES TO NORTHERN LAKE HURON
OVERNIGHT AND THE MOVE INTO QUEBEC MONDAY AFTERNOON. A STRONG
ARCTIC COLD FRONT ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW WILL MOVE ACROSS LAKE
ERIE MONDAY AFTERNOON. A TROUGH AVERAGING 29.70 INCHES WILL ROTATE
SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE LAKES TUESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE 30.30 INCHES
WILL MOVE ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY TUESDAY NIGHT. LOW PRESSURE 30.00
INCHES WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL LAKES WEDNESDAY EVENING DRAGGING
ANOTHER COLD FRONT ACROSS LAKE ERIE THURSDAY.
- Overnight Southeast winds 15 to 25 knots becoming south. Showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet.
- Monday South winds 20 to 25 knots becoming southwest and increasing to gales to 40 knots in the afternoon. Showers likely in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 5 to 8 feet.
- Monday Night Southwest gales to 40 knots diminishing to 35 knots overnight. Waves 6 to 9 feet subsiding to 5 to 8 feet.
- Tuesday Southwest winds to 30 knots becoming west 20 to 25 knots. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Waves 5 to 8 feet subsiding to 4 to 6 feet.
- Tuesday Night West winds 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 10 to 20 knots. Waves 3 to 5 feet subsiding to 1 to 3 feet.
- Wednesday Southwest winds 5 to 15 knots. A chance of snow. Waves 2 feet or less.
- Thursday West winds 10 to 20 knots becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots. A chance of snow. Waves 2 to 4 feet.
- Friday West winds 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest. Waves 1 to 3 feet.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Erie/The Islands to Vermilion OH beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-Canadian border
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE