Last Update: 851 AM CST SAT DEC 20 2014
Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM offshore to mid-line of lake.
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisA 30.4 INCH HIGH PRESSURE INCHES STRETCHES FROM
QUEBEC THROUGH THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY. THIS RIDGE WILL
SLOWLY SLIDE EAST OF LAKE MICHIGAN THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON. THE
HIGH WILL REMAIN ACROSS EASTERN NORTH AMERICA SUNDAY...WHILE AN
AREA OF LOW PRESSURE OF 29.4 INCHES MOVES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE LEE
OF THE NORTHERN ROCKIES. THIS LOW WILL TRACK ACROSS THE NORTHERN
PLAINS SUNDAY NIGHT AND THEN SLOWLY MOVE INTO THE UPPER
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MONDAY BEFORE FILLING TO NEAR 29.6 INCHES ON
TUESDAY. WHILE THIS LOW FILLS...ANOTHER LOW WILL DEVELOP ACROSS
THE LOWER OHIO OR TENNESSEE VALLEYS LATE TUESDAY...AND IS EXPECTED
TO DEEPEN RAPIDLY TO NEAR 28.8 INCHES AS IT MOVES NORTH INTO THE
GREAT LAKES REGION WEDNESDAY. THIS DEEPENING LOW TRACK WOULD
LIKELY PRODUCE GALES ON LAKE MICHIGAN LATE WEDNESDAY INTO
- Rest Of Today Southwest winds 5 to 10 kt becoming south in the afternoon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight South winds 5 to 10 kt increasing to 10 to 20 kt late. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday South winds 15 to 25 kt. Slight chance of light freezing drizzle in the morning. Waves 2 to 4 ft building to 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night South winds to 30 kt. Slight chance of snow. Waves 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Monday South winds to 30 kt becoming southeast. Slight chance of rain in the morning...then chance of rain in the afternoon. Waves 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Monday Night Southeast winds to 30 kt diminishing to 15 to 20 kt and becoming south. Rain likely. Waves 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Tuesday South winds 10 to 20 kt. Chance of rain. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft subsiding to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt increasing to gales to 35 kt in the afternoon. Snow and rain likely. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft building to 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM offshore to mid-line of lake.
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE