Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 824 AM CST SUN FEB 1 2015
Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM offshore to mid-line of lake.
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.7 INCHES OVER IS CENTERED OVER
NORTH DAKOTA WITH A RIDGE EXTENDING EAST ACROSS THE UPPER GREAT
LAKES AND ANOTHER EXTENDING SOUTH ACROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS. THE
CENTER OF THE HIGH WILL GRADUALLY DROP TO THE SOUTH INTO KANSAS BY
SUNDAY MORNING...WHILE HIGH PRESSURE RIDGING REMAINS ACROSS THE
UPPER GREAT LAKES. MEANWHILE...LOW PRESSURE OF 29.7 INCHES OVER
CENTRAL KANSAS WILL TRACK EAST ACROSS SOUTHERN ILLINOIS AND
INDIANA TODAY AND PROCEED TO WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA BY MONDAY
MORNING. THE LOW WILL THEN MOVE OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST MONDAY
AFTERNOON...DEEPENING TO 29.3 INCHES AND THEN TURN NORTH TO NOVA
SCOTIA BY TUESDAY MORNING WHILE DEEPENING TO 28.8 INCHES. THE HIGH
PRESSURE WILL SPREAD ACROSS THE MIDDLE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MONDAY
AND SETTLE INTO THE SOUTHEASTERN CONUS ON TUESDAY. WEAK LOW
PRESSURE OF 29.9 INCHES IS EXPECTED TO TRACK ACROSS THE UPPER
GREAT LAKES MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY.
- Rest Of Today Northeast gales to 40 kt. Periods of snow. Heavy freezing spray from late morning on. Waves 8 to 12 ft occasionally to 15 ft building to 12 to 16 ft occasionally to 20 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight North gales to 40 kt easing to 30 kt late. Heavy freezing spray through the early morning hours. Periods of snow in the evening...then snow showers likely overnight. Waves 12 to 16 ft occasionally to 20 ft.
- Monday North winds to 30 kt diminishing to 15 to 25 kt late in the morning...then becoming northwest early in the afternoon becoming west late. Chance of snow showers. Waves subsiding to 5 to 9 ft occasionally to 11 ft in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Southwest winds 15 to 25 kt increasing to 30 kt overnight. Slight chance of snow in the evening...then chance of snow overnight. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Tuesday Southwest winds 15 to 25 kt. Chance of snow. Waves 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Tuesday Night Southwest winds 10 to 20 kt becoming west. Snow likely. Waves subsiding to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft overnight.
- Wednesday Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt increasing to 30 kt in the afternoon. Chance of snow. Waves building to 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft in the afternoon.
- Thursday North winds 10 to 15 kt becoming west. Slight chance of snow showers. Waves subsiding to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM offshore to mid-line of lake.
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE