Last Update: 852 PM CDT TUE SEP 2 2014
Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW PRESSURE TROUGH OF 29.9 INCHES OVER THE
SOUTHERN TIP OF THE LAKE WILL SHIFT TO LOWER MICHIGAN AND
DISSIPATE OVERNIGHT. MEANWHILE...WEAK HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES WILL
MOVE ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY TONIGHT. LOW PRESSURE OF 29.6 INCHES
OVER THE NORTHERN PLAINS ON THURSDAY MORNING WILL MOVE ACROSS
JAMES BY BY FRIDAY MORNING WHILE DEEPENING TO 29.4 INCHES. THIS
WILL STEER A COLD FRONT DOWN THE LAKE LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH
FRIDAY AFTERNOON. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.2 INCHES WILL THEN BUILD
ACROSS THE REGION ON SATURDAY AND SLIDE SLOWLY EAST BY MONDAY
- Rest Of Tonight Southwest winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Southwest winds 5 to 10 kt becoming south 10 to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night South winds 10 to 20 kt increasing to 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Waves building to 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Thursday South winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Thursday Night South winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt becoming southwest 15 to 25 kt. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Friday Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt becoming north. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of thunderstorms and slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Friday Night Northeast winds 15 to 25 kt easing to 10 to 20 kt. Slight chance of showers. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Saturday North winds 10 to 20 kt easing to 10 t0 15 kt overnight. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft subsiding to 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday North winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft subsiding to 1 to 3 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE