Last Update: 235 AM CDT THU OCT 23 2014
Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM offshore to mid-line of lake.
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.3 INCHES EXTENDS FROM QUEBEC
SOUTHWEST ACROSS THE LAKES REGION. THIS HIGH WILL WEAKEN AND MOVE
SOUTH ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY TONIGHT. LOW PRESSURE OF 29.6 INCHES
OVER SOUTHERN MANITOBA WILL MOVE NORTH TODAY AND BE ABSORBED BY
ANOTHER LOW OF 29.4 INCHES MOVING ACROSS SASKATCHEWAN TONIGHT. A
WEAK COLD FRONT FROM THE FIRST LOW WILL MOVE ACROSS THE LAKE
TONIGHT AS IT DISSIPATES. THE SECOND LOW WILL DEEPEN TO 29.1
INCHES AS IT MOVES TO NEAR JAMES BAY SATURDAY AFTERNOON. A
TRAILING COLD FRONT FROM THIS LOW WILL MOVE ACROSS THE LAKE
SATURDAY MORNING. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES WILL MOVE
ACROSS THE PLAINS SATURDAY AND THEN ACROSS THE WESTERN LAKES
SUNDAY AS IT WEAKENS TO 30.0 INCHES. A LARGE TROUGH OF LOW
PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO FORM OVER THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN PLAINS
SUNDAY INTO MONDAY...MOVING OVER THE NORTHERN LAKES TUESDAY.
- Today South winds 15 to 20 kt. Chance of showers this afternoon. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Tonight Southwest winds 10 to 20 kt becoming west 10 to 15 kt. Chance of showers in the evening. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday West winds around 10 kt becoming southwest 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night Southwest winds 10 to 20 kt becoming west late. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday West winds 20 to 25 kt. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Saturday Night Northwest winds 20 to 25 kt. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Sunday Northwest winds 15 to 20 kt diminishing to around 10 kt and becoming south by sunday evening...then increasing to 15 to 25 kt overnight. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft subsiding to 2 to 4 ft.
- Monday South winds 15 to 25 kt. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM offshore to mid-line of lake.
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE