Last Update: 832 PM CST TUE NOV 25 2014
Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisA RIDGE AVERAGING 30.2 INCHES WILL MOVE OVER THE LAKE
VERY EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING. MEANWHILE...A 29.7 INCH LOW OVER
THE DAKOTAS WILL WEAKEN TO 30.0 INCHES AS IT MOVES OVER THE MID
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY BY LATE MORNING...AND THEN TO THE CAROLINAS BY
THURSDAY MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.6 INCHES WILL BUILD OVER
THE PLAINS LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING AND MOVE
OVER THE LAKE AT 30.4 INCHES THURSDAY EVENING. ANOTHER LOW
AVERAGING 29.4 INCHES WILL MOVE OVER LAKE SUPERIOR THIS WEEKEND.
- Rest Of Tonight Southwest winds 10 to 15 kt becoming south 5 to 10 kt late. Slight chance of snow showers. Waves 2 to 4 ft subsiding to 1 to 3 ft overnight.
- Wednesday Southeast winds 5 to 10 kt increasing 10 to 15 kt...and then becoming east 5 to 10 kt late in the day. Slight chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night North winds 5 to 10 kt becoming northwest 10 to 20 kt overnight. Chance of snow showers. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Northwest winds to 30 kt. Chance of snow showers. Waves building to 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt diminishing to 10 to 15 kt...then becoming southwest late. Chance of snow showers. Waves subsiding to 2 to 4 ft overnight.
- Friday South winds to 30 kt. Chance of snow. Waves building to 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft in the afternoon.
- Friday Night South winds 15 to 25 kt becoming southwest. Chance of snow showers. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Saturday Southwest winds 15 to 25 kt. Slight chance of showers. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft subsiding to 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday North winds 15 to 25 kt. Slight chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE