Last Update: 850 PM CDT TUE OCT 21 2014
Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.4 INCHES EXTENDS FROM NORTHERN
QUEBEC THROUGH THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES AND WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD
OVER THE REGION THROUGH WEDNESDAY. AS THE RIDGE MOVES TO THE EAST
OF THE LAKE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE AVERAGING
29.9 INCHES WILL CROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS...REACHING THE UPPER
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY BY THURSDAY MORNING. THIS WILL SET UP A
STRENGTHENING SOUTHERLY GRADIENT OVER THE LAKE. WINDS WILL REMAIN
GENERALLY SOUTHERLY UNTIL AN ASSOCIATED WEAK COLD FRONT PUSHES
ACROSS THE LAKE THURSDAY NIGHT.
- Rest Of Tonight North winds 15 to 20 kt becoming east 10 to 15 kt late. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Wednesday East winds 10 to 15 kt becoming northeast 5 to 10 kt by early afternoon. Waves 2 to 4 ft subsiding to 1 to 2 ft in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Southeast winds 10 to 15 kt becoming south 15 to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday South winds 10 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft building to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Southwest winds 15 to 20 kt becoming northwest. Chance of showers. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Friday West winds 10 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night Southwest winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday West winds 10 to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday South winds 10 to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan Michigan City IN to St. Joseph MI 5 NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE