Last Update: 254 PM CST MON JAN 26 2015
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.7 INCHES OVER THE UPPER MIDWEST
WILL MOVE SOUTH TOWARDS THE TENNESSEE VALLEY WHILE WEAKENING TO
29.9 INCHES TONIGHT. A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE AVERAGING 30.2
INCHES WILL BUILD BACK SOUTH OVER THE CENTRAL GREAT LAKES TONIGHT
INTO TUESDAY. THIS HIGH WILL THEN SHIFT SOUTHEAST TOWARDS THE OHIO
VALLEY TUESDAY NIGHT WITH LOW PRESSURE OF 29.9 INCHES SHIFTING
EAST ACROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS...AND THEN TOWARDS SOUTHERN LAKE
MICHIGAN WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT. AS THIS LOW CONTINUES
TOWARDS THE EASTERN GREAT LAKES THURSDAY...A RIDGE OF HIGH
PRESSURE AVERAGING 30.5 INCHES WILL BUILD SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE
CENTRAL PLAINS THURSDAY NIGHT...AND THEN TOWARDS THE UPPER MIDWEST
- Tonight Southeast winds 10 to 20 kt becoming east 10 to 15 kt late. Chance of snow. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Northeast winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft subsiding to 1 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night North winds 5 to 10 kt veering to southeast late in the evening...then becoming south 10 to 15 kt late. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday South winds 10 to 20 kt increasing to 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Waves 2 to 4 ft building to 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night South winds to 30 kt diminishing to 15 to 25 kt overnight. Snow or rain likely in the evening...then snow or rain likely with patchy freezing drizzle overnight. Waves 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Thursday West winds 15 to 25 kt becoming north to 30 kt in the afternoon. Chance of snow or rain. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Thursday Night North winds to 30 kt. Chance of snow showers. Waves 6 to 9 ft occasionally to 11 ft.
- Friday North winds 15 to 25 kt diminishing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Slight chance of snow showers. Waves 6 to 9 ft occasionally to 11 ft subsiding to 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft in the afternoon.
- Saturday Southwest winds 10 to 20 kt becoming west 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Chance of snow. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE