Last Update: 849 PM CST FRI DEC 19 2014
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisA 30.4 INCH HIGH STRETCHES FROM NORTHERN QUEBEC
THROUGH THE CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI VALLEY AND IT WILL SLOWLY MOVE
OVER EASTERN QUEBEC AND NEW ENGLAND SUNDAY NIGHT. A 29.4 INCH LOW
MOVES OVER THE DAKOTAS SUNDAY NIGHT THEN MOVES OVER THE MIDWEST AT
29.5 INCHES TUESDAY MORNING. THERE IS A LOT OF VARIABILITY WITH
THE PATH OF THIS LOW BUT IT WILL IMPACT THE LAKE MID NEXT WEEK.
ONE MODEL HAS THE LOW DEEPENING TO 28.9 INCHES OVER LAKE SUPERIOR
WEDNESDAY WHILE ANOTHER HAS A 28.9 INCH LOW OVER LAKE ERIE. EITHER
WAY THE LOW WILL SHIFT OVER JAMES BAY THURSDAY EVENING WITH THE
NEXT LOW MOVING OVER THE SOUTHERN PLAINS.
- Rest Of Tonight Southwest winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Southwest winds 5 to 10 kt. Slight chance of flurries in the morning. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Southwest winds around 10 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday South winds 15 to 25 kt. Slight chance of very light freezing drizzle in the morning...then slight chance of rain or snow in the afternoon. Waves building to 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night South winds to 30 kt. Slight chance of snow. Waves 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Monday Southeast winds 15 to 25 kt. Chance of rain. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Monday Night Southeast winds 15 to 25 kt. Rain likely. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Tuesday South winds 10 to 20 kt becoming southwest late in the afternoon. Rain likely. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Wednesday West winds to 30 kt increasing to gales to 40 kt overnight. Chance of snow. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft building to 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft in the afternoon...and then building to 8 to 12 ft occasionally to 15 ft overnight.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE