Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 247 AM CDT TUE SEP 2 2014
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.2 INCHES ACROSS FAR SOUTHERN
HUDSON BAY WILL MOVE FURTHER NORTHEAST AWAY FROM THE LAKES. THE
COOL FRONT THAT PASSED THE LAKE VERY EARLY THIS MORNING WILL
WEAKEN AND DIMINISH...WITH WINDS RETURNING SOUTHERLY AGAIN BY
AFTERNOON. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES WILL MOVE ACROSS THE
OHIO RIVER VALLEY TONIGHT...NOT INFLUENCING THE LAKE MUCH. LOW
PRESSURE OF 29.6 INCHES WILL ENTER THE NORTHERN PLAINS ON THURSDAY
MORNING AND MOVE TO JUST NORTH OF THE GREAT LAKES BY THURSDAY
NIGHT WHILE DEEPENING TO 29.4 INCHES. THIS WILL STEER A STRONG
COLD FRONT DOWN THE LAKE DURING FRIDAY. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.2
INCHES WILL THEN BUILD ACROSS THE REGION BY SATURDAY NIGHT.
- Today West winds 10 to 15 kt becoming southwest around 10 kt by late morning...then becoming south in the afternoon. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms from late morning on. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight Southwest winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday South winds 10 to 15 kt increasing to 10 to 20 kt by early afternoon. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night South winds 15 to 25 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms...mainly overnight. Waves building to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Thursday South winds 20 to 25 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms...mainly in the morning. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Thursday Night Southwest winds 15 to 25 kt diminishing to 10 to 20 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Friday West winds 15 to 20 kt becoming north 15 to 25 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Saturday North winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE