Last Update: 241 AM CDT WED APR 16 2014
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.3 INCHES STRETCHES FROM THE
EASTERN LAKES INTO THE LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY THIS MORNING
WHILE LOW PRESSURE OF 29.5 INCHES LIES OVER THE NORTHERN PLAINS.
THIS LOW WILL LIFT TO WISCONSIN TONIGHT AND TO NORTHERN LAKE
MICHIGAN THURSDAY AFTERNOON...FILLING TO 30.1 INCHES. HIGH
PRESSURE OF 30.6 INCHES WILL BUILD OVER MANITOBA WEDNESDAY
NIGHT...THEN SHIFT TO HUDSON BAY BY SATURDAY WITH RIDGING
EXTENDING OVER LAKE MICHIGAN.
- Today South winds 10 to 20 kt becoming southeast 20 to 25 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft building to 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight Southeast winds to 30 kt. Slight chance of rain or snow in the evening...then chance of rain or snow overnight. Waves building to 7 to 10 ft occasionally to 13 ft.
- Thursday South winds 15 to 25 kt becoming southwest 10 to 15 kt. Waves 6 to 9 ft occasionally to 11 ft subsiding to 2 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night Northwest winds 5 to 10 kt becoming north 10 to 15 kt. Chance of rain. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Friday North winds 10 to 20 kt. Slight chance of rain. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night North winds 10 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday North winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Southeast winds 15 to 25 kt. Chance of rain. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
wave forecast is for ice free areas
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE