Last Update: 244 PM CDT THU OCT 23 2014
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.2 INCHES EXTENDS FROM QUEBEC INTO
THE CENTRAL LAKES REGION WHILE LOW PRESSURE OF 29.4 INCHES LIES
OVER ALBERTA. THE LOW WILL DEEPEN TO 29.1 INCHES BY SATURDAY AS
IT MOVES OVER JAMES BAY WITH A COLD FRONT PUSHING ACROSS LAKE
MICHIGAN. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.1 INCHES WILL BUILD ACROSS THE
PLAINS SATURDAY THEN SHIFT EAST ACROSS LAKE MICHIGAN ON SUNDAY.
ANOTHER LOW OF 29.5 INCHES WILL FORM OVER THE CENTRAL PLAINS LATE
IN THE WEEKEND THEN LIFT ACROSS LAKE SUPERIOR ON TUESDAY.
- Tonight South winds 10 to 20 kt becoming southwest 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers this evening...then isolated showers overnight. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday Southwest winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night Southwest winds 10 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday West winds 15 to 25 kt. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Saturday Night Northwest winds 20 to 25 kt occasionally to 30 kt. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Sunday Northwest winds 10 to 20 kt becoming southwest around 10 kt in the afternoon. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft subsiding to 2 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night Southeast winds increasing to 15 to 25 kt. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Monday South winds 15 to 25 kt. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Tuesday Southwest winds 20 to 25 kt becoming west to 30 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE