Last Update: 239 PM CDT WED SEP 17 2014
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.9 INCHES NEAR THE STRAITS OF
MACKINAC WILL MOVE EAST THIS EVENING...TRAILING A COLD FRONT WHICH
WILL PUSH SOUTH ACROSS LAKE MICHIGAN TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE OF
30.2 INCHES WILL SPREAD SOUTHEAST BEHIND THE FRONT ACROSS ONTARIO
AND THE NORTHERN LAKES OVERNIGHT AND INTO FAR SOUTHWEST QUEBEC BY
LATE THURSDAY BEFORE STRENGTHENING TO 30.4 INCHES AS IT REACHES
NEW ENGLAND ON FRIDAY. LOW PRESSURE OF 29.9 INCHES WILL DEVELOP
ACROSS THE CANADIAN PRAIRIES AND WILL MOVE ACROSS ONTARIO FRIDAY
NIGHT...TRAILING ANOTHER COLD FRONT SOUTH ACROSS LAKE MICHIGAN
LATE SATURDAY INTO EARLY EARLY SUNDAY. HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.3
INCHES WILL BUILD INTO THE PLAINS SUNDAY NIGHT.
- Tonight South winds 5 to 10 kt becoming southwest this evening then veering northeast at 10 to 20 kt toward morning. Waves 1 to 3 ft building to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Thursday Northeast winds 10 to 20 kt. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Thursday Night Northeast winds 10 to 15 kt veering to southeast and increasing to 10 to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday South winds increasing to 30 kt. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves building to 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Friday Night Southwest winds to 30 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 5 to 8 ft occasionally to 10 ft.
- Saturday Southwest winds to 30 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Saturday Night Southwest winds to 30 kt becoming west 15 to 25 kt. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
- Sunday Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt. Slight chance of showers. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Monday North winds 15 to 25 kt. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE