Last Update: 242 AM CDT MON JUL 28 2014
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OF 29.5 INCHES OVER THE FAR EASTERN
GREAT LAKES WILL MOVE TO THE MOUTH OF THE ST LAWRENCE RIVER BY
LATE TONIGHT AND DEEPEN TO 29.4 INCHES AS IT DOES. HIGH PRESSURE OF
30.2 INCHES OVER THE NORTHERN PLAINS TODAY WILL SLOWLY MOVE EAST
AND WEAKEN INTO TUESDAY. LOW PRESSURE AT 29.8 INCHES WILL DEVELOP
ACROSS EASTERN ONTARIO ON TUESDAY AND VERY SLOWLY MOVE NORTHEAST
INTO THURSDAY. THIS WILL MOVE A WEAK COLD FRONT SOUTHWARD ACROSS
THE NORTHERN PART OF THE LAKE ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT.
OTHERWISE...THE PRESSURE PATTERN ACROSS THE LAKE DURING THE MIDDLE
TO LATTER PART OF THE WEEK LOOKS TO REMAIN FAIRLY TRANQUIL.
- Today North winds to 30 kt through early afternoon...diminishing to 15 to 25 kt late in the afternoon. Occasional gale force gusts early. Waves 8 to 12 ft occasionally to 15 ft persisting through mid morning...then subsiding to 6 to 9 ft occasionally to 11 ft by late afternoon.
- Tonight Northwest winds 10 to 20 kt early becoming west 10 to 15 kt by mid evening...then becoming northwest 10 to 20 kt again after midnight. Waves 6 to 9 ft occasionally to 11 ft subsiding to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft late.
- Tuesday Northwest winds 10 to 20 kt diminishing to 10 to 15 kt from late morning on. Chance of showers and thunderstorms...mainly in the afternoon. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft subsiding to 2 to 4 ft in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night West winds 10 to 15 kt becoming northwest. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday North winds 10 to 15 kt. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 to 10 kt becoming southwest. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday West winds 10 to 15 kt becoming southwest. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Southwest winds 5 to 10 kt. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM off shore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE