Last Update: 222 PM CDT WED OCT 22 2014
Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
Marine Zone Forecast
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OF 30.4 INCHES EXTENDED FROM QUEBEC TO
THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES THIS AFTERNOON. THIS RIDGE WILL MOVE EAST
WHILE WEAKENING TO 30.2 INCHES THURSDAY...WHILE AN AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE OF 29.6 INCHES MOVES ACROSS THE SOUTHERN CANADIAN
PRAIRIES. THE LOW WILL FILL THURSDAY NIGHT AS ANOTHER LOW DEVELOPS
ACROSS SASKATCHEWAN...BUT WILL TRAIL A WEAK TROUGH AVERAGING 30.0
INCHES ACROSS LAKE MICHIGAN LATE THURSDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
RIDGING OF 30.1 INCHES WILL REDEVELOP OVER THE LAKE FRIDAY AS THE
CANADIAN LOW DEEPENS TO 29.5 INCHES WHILE IT MOVES EAST TOWARD
JAMES BAY AND TRAILS ANOTHER COLD FRONT ACROSS THE LAKE LATE
FRIDAY NIGHT. THIS LOW WILL CONTINUE TO DEEPEN TO 29.3 INCHES AS
IT MOVES INTO SOUTHERN QUEBEC SATURDAY NIGHT...BEFORE ANOTHER WEAK
AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE OF 30.0 INCHES MOVES ACROSS THE WESTERN
LAKES SUNDAY. LOW PRESSURE OF 29.3 INCHES WILL DEVELOP OVER THE
PLAINS DURING THIS PERIOD...AND WILL LIFT NORTHEAST ACROSS THE
UPPER MIDWEST MONDAY.
- Tonight Southeast winds 5 to 10 kt early becoming south 10 to 15 kt overnight. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday South winds 10 to 15 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Chance of showers in the afternoon. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Thursday Night Southwest winds 15 to 20 kt becoming west 10 to 20 kt. Slight chance of showers in the evening. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Friday West winds 10 to 15 kt becoming southwest. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night Southwest winds 10 to 20 kt becoming west at 15 to 25 kt toward morning. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday West winds 15 to 25 kt. A few gusts to 30 kt possible late. Waves 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft.
- Saturday Night Northwest winds to 30 kt. Waves 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
- Sunday Northwest winds 10 to 20 kt diminishing to 10 to 15 kt and backing south in the afternoon. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft subsiding to 3 to 5 ft occasionally to 7 ft in the afternoon.
- Monday South winds to 30 kt. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 4 to 6 ft occasionally to 8 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake Michigan from Sheboygan to Port Washington WI 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE