Significant threat for flash floods in the Southwest U.S. this week
Heavy precipitation is expected over portions of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall by Thursday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches are in effect for much of this area.
Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill54°F (12°C)
Current conditions at
Garrett County Airport (K2G4)
Lat: 39.58 Lon: -79.34 Elev: 2933ft.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph this evening...becoming light and variable. Wednesday Patchy fog in the morning. Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. East winds around 5 mph...becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds around 5 mph. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds around 5 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Friday And Friday Night Mostly clear. Highs in the mid 60s. Lows in the upper 40s. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Sunday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. Monday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Tuesday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE