Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Barometer30.03 in (1016.8 mb)
Current conditions at
Baltimore, Inner Harbor (KDMH)
Lat: 39.28 Lon: -76.61 Elev: 19ft.
Overnight Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s in the downtown areas...lower 40s in the suburbs. North winds around 5 mph. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. East winds around 5 mph. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday Showers likely. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the evening...then mostly clear after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Sunday Night Clear. Cold with lows in the lower 30s. Monday Sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Monday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Tuesday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Tuesday Night Cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Wednesday Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows around 50. Thursday Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs around 60.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE