Severe weather is expected across the central and southern Plains on Wednesday
The Storm Prediction Center is forecasting severe weather for Wednesday across much of the central and southern Plains. Primary threats will be large hail and damaging winds. There could also be small tornado risk farther south along the dryline.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
A Few Clouds and Breezy
Wind SpeedNW 25 G 33 mph
Barometer29.77 in (1008.1 mb)
Current conditions at
Patuxent River, Naval Air Station (KNHK)
Lat: 38.29 Lon: -76.4 Elev: 46ft.
St. Marys County
Rest Of Today Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds around 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Tonight Clear. Lows around 40. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph in the evening. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds around 5 mph...becoming southeast after midnight. Friday Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Monday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 40s. Tuesday Rain likely. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE