Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedW 12 G 17 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
Cumberland, Greater Cumberland Regional Airport (KCBE)
Lat: 39.62 Lon: -78.76 Elev: 774ft.
Extreme Western Allegany
Rest Of The Overnight Partly cloudy. Colder with lows around 7 above. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Wind chill values as low as 13 below. Today Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 20s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Wind chill values as low as 12 below in the morning. Tonight Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow after midnight. Lows around 19. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent. Sunday Snow...mainly in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of snow 80 percent. Sunday Night Snow and freezing rain. Sleet after midnight. Lows in the mid 20s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Monday Snow. Highs in the upper 20s. Temperature falling to around 15 in the afternoon. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as zero. Monday Night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Colder with lows zero to 5 above zero. Wind chill values as low as 10 below. Tuesday Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 20s. Wind chill values as low as 10 below. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows around 20. Wednesday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Lows around 20. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy. Cold with lows around 5 above. Wind chill values as low as 5 below. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs around 20. Wind chill values as low as 5 below.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE