Winter weather forecast from Great Lakes to Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow is expected Thursday and Friday from the Great Lakes to the Northeast, as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast earlier this week, as snowfall totals of six inches or less are expected. Snow and freezing rain are forecast for parts of the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
Barometer29.78 in (1009.3 mb)
Current conditions at
Traverse City, Cherry Capital Airport (KTVC)
Lat: 44.74 Lon: -85.57 Elev: 623ft.
Grand Traverse County
This Afternoon Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Highs in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Tonight Numerous snow showers. Blowing snow. Breezy. Total nighttime snow accumulation around 1 inch. Lows around 11. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. Friday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Colder. Highs around 16. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph decreasing to 20 mph in the afternoon. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. Scattered flurries in the evening... Then scattered snow showers after midnight. Lows around 10. Light winds. Chance of snow 40 percent. Saturday Snow showers likely. Highs in the mid 20s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the west with gusts to around 20 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 70 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Colder. Lows near zero. Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow showers. Colder. Highs around 9. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 3 below. Monday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 13. Monday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows around 3. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 20s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 10. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 19.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE