Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Wind SpeedE 6 mph
Barometer30.30 in (1026.5 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Pope Air Force Base (KPOB)
Lat: 35.17 Lon: -79.03 Elev: 200ft.
Today Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight Rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Monday Rain likely...mainly in the morning. Highs in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Monday Night Cloudy with a chance of rain or drizzle. Near steady temperature in the lower 40s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tuesday Cloudy. A chance of rain or drizzle in the morning... Then rain likely or a chance of drizzle in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday Night Rain. Not as cool. Near steady temperature in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 90 percent. Wednesday Showers...mainly in the morning. Much warmer with highs in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 80 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. Showers likely in the evening. Cooler with lows in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Christmas Day Mostly sunny. Cooler with highs in the mid 50s. Thursday Night And Friday Clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Highs in the upper 50s. Friday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows around 40. Saturday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE