Unseasonably cold temperatures in the central and eastern U.S. through Wednesday
A powerful cold front has ushered in unseasonably cold temperatures to the central and eastern U.S. for early this week. Freezing temperatures will dive into the Deep South and to the Mid-Atlantic through Wednesday morning. This will be damaging to sensitive vegetation. Numerous Frost Advisories and Freeze Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedS 10 mph
Barometer29.52 in (999.7 mb)
Current conditions at
Somerville, Somerset Airport (KSMQ)
Lat: 40.62 Lon: -74.67 Elev: 105ft.
Through Today Mostly sunny. Cooler with highs in the upper 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph... Becoming southeast in the afternoon. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Saturday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. A chance of showers in the evening. Lows in the upper 30s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Monday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE