Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the Pacific Northwest through late Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Wind SpeedNW 3 mph
Barometer30.31 in (1026.3 mb)
Current conditions at
Farmingdale - Republic Airport (KFRG)
Lat: 40.73 Lon: -73.42 Elev: 72ft.
Today Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of light snow late this morning. Highs in the upper 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds around 5 mph. Monday Partly sunny in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Near steady temperature in the lower 40s. East winds around 5 mph. Tuesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the lower 50s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Tuesday Night Rain likely. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Rain. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 90 percent. Wednesday Night Rain. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 90 percent. Christmas Day Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Breezy with highs in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Thursday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly clear. Breezy with lows in the mid 30s. Friday Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Saturday Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE