Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
Light Snow Fog/Mist
Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
Barometer29.71 in (1007.7 mb)
Visibility0.75 mi Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Wheeling, Wheeling Ohio County Airport (KHLG)
Lat: 40.17 Lon: -80.64 Elev: 1194ft.
Rest Of Today Snow. Little or no additional snow accumulation. Near steady temperature in the upper 20s. Northwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Tonight Cloudy. Snow likely in the evening...then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows around 17. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent. Tuesday Cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Highs in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Bitterly cold with lows around 9 above. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 20s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. Not as cold with lows in the lower 20s. Thursday Cloudy. Rain and snow likely...mainly in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Not as cold with highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Thursday Night Rain likely in the evening. Cloudy with a chance of snow. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Friday And Friday Night Mostly cloudy. Colder. Highs in the upper 20s. Lows around 10 above. Saturday Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 20s. Saturday Night And Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 10 to 15. Highs in the mid 20s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE