Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday evening across parts of the Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Wind SpeedW 3 mph
Barometer29.94 in (1013.1 mb)
Current conditions at
Lancaster, Fairfield County Airport (KLHQ)
Lat: 39.75 Lon: -82.67 Elev: 866ft.
Tonight Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday Partly cloudy in the morning...then clearing. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds...becoming light east winds after midnight. Thursday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 5 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 5 mph. Friday Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Friday Night And Saturday Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the upper 60s. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday Night Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Sunday Night And Monday Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Highs in the upper 70s. Monday Night And Tuesday Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. Highs in the lower 80s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE