Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 7 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill47°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Atoka Municipal Airport (KAQR)
Lat: 34.4 Lon: -96.15 Elev: 590ft.
Today Mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the lower 60s. North winds 10 to 20 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Colder. Widespread frost after midnight. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Saturday Mostly sunny. Widespread frost in the morning. Highs in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. Monday Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with rain showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday Rain showers and a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Wednesday Partly cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of showers 30 percent. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of showers 20 percent. Thursday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE