Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedSE 14 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Heat Index91°F (33°C)
Current conditions at
North Texas Regional Airport (KGYI)
Lat: 33.73 Lon: -96.67 Elev: 748ft.
Tonight Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of thunderstorms 20 percent. Thursday Mostly cloudy. A chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of thunderstorms 60 percent. Thursday Night Mostly clear. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the upper 50s. Northwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of thunderstorms 20 percent. Friday Sunny. Not as warm. Highs in the upper 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Night Mostly clear. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. North winds up to 10 mph. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Saturday Night Clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. Monday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Tuesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE