Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Current conditions at
Franklin Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KFKL)
Lat: 41.39 Lon: -79.87 Elev: 1542ft.
Rest Of Tonight Cloudy. Near steady temperature around 40. Light and variable winds. Friday Cloudy...showers...mainly in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s. South winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Friday Night Showers. Lows in the mid 30s. South winds around 5 mph...becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of rain 80 percent. Saturday Cloudy. Rain showers likely...mainly in the morning. Near steady temperature in the upper 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow and rain showers in the evening. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent. Sunday Partly sunny. Highs around 40. Sunday Night And Monday Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Highs around 50. Monday Night And Tuesday Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Highs in the lower 50s. Tuesday Night Cloudy. A chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Wednesday Night And Thursday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows around 40. Highs around 50.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE