Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 12 mph
Barometer29.78 in (1009.6 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Wilkes-Barre - Scranton, Wilkes-Barre / Scranton International Airport (KAVP)
Lat: 41.34 Lon: -75.73 Elev: 961ft.
Rest Of Today Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs around 20. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent. Tonight Mostly cloudy with scattered flurries in the evening... Then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows near 10. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Lows around 5 above. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of snow. Highs in the upper 20s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Night Snow likely. Lows in the lower 20s. Chance of snow 70 percent. Friday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Lows near zero. Wind chill values as low as 20 below. Saturday Partly sunny. Highs 15 to 20. Wind chill values as low as 20 below. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 5 above. Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 20s. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 5 above. Monday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs near 15.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE