Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
Wind SpeedNW 22 G 29 mph
Barometer29.99 in (1016.3 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
York, York Airport (KTHV)
Lat: 39.92 Lon: -76.88 Elev: 479ft.
This Afternoon Partly sunny and blustery. Highs in the mid 30s. Temperature falling into the mid 20s. Northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Wind chill values as low as 5 above. Tonight Mostly clear. Much colder with lows around 10. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Wind chill values as low as 8 below after midnight. Saturday Sunny. Colder with highs in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Wind chill values as low as 8 below in the morning. Saturday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows around 15. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Highs around 30. West winds around 5 mph...becoming south in the afternoon. Sunday Night Snow likely. Light snow accumulation possible. Lows 15 to 20. Chance of snow 60 percent. Monday Cloudy in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. A 50 percent chance of snow. Colder with highs around 20. Wind chill values as low as zero. Monday Night Partly cloudy. Much colder with lows around zero. Wind chill values as low as 10 below. Tuesday Mostly sunny. Highs around 20. Wind chill values as low as 10 below in the morning. Tuesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 10 above. Wind chill values as low as zero. Wednesday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 20s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Lows 15 to 20. Thursday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 20s. Wind chill values as low as 5 above.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE