Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 252 PM PDT TUE OCT 21 2014
Coastal waters from Cascade Head to Florence OR out 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
- SynopsisA LOW PRES SYSTEM OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA THIS WEEK WILL SEND A
SERIES OF FRONTS ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS THIS WEEK. A STRONG
COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SE ACROSS THE WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY
WED. ANOTHER POTENTIALLY STRONG FRONT IS ON TAP FOR LATER FRIDAY
- Tonight S wind 30 to 35 kt with gusts to 40 kt... Becoming 30 to 40 kt with gusts to 45 kt after midnight. A few gusts of 50 to 55 kt possible over the near shore waters. Combined seas 16 ft dominant period 13 seconds...building to 19 ft dominant period 12 seconds after midnight. Rain.
- Wed S wind 25 to 30 kt with gusts to 35 kt...becoming SW 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Combined seas 19 ft dominant period 12 seconds...subsiding to 15 ft dominant period 11 seconds in the afternoon. Rain.
- Wed Night SW wind 15 to 20 kt. Wind waves 5 ft. W swell 10 ft at 13 seconds. Secondary swell S 8 ft at 9 seconds. Rain.
- Thu SW wind 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt...easing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 4 ft. W swell 10 ft at 12 seconds. Secondary swell SW 6 ft at 8 seconds. Showers.
- Thu Night S wind 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves 4 ft. W swell 9 ft at 11 seconds. Showers likely.
- Fri SE wind 10 to 15 kt...rising to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 4 ft. W swell 9 ft at 12 seconds. Rain likely.
- Fri Night SE wind 15 to 20 kt...becoming S 25 to 30 kt with gusts to 35 kt after midnight. Combined seas 11 ft. Rain.
- Sat SW wind 25 to 30 kt. Combined seas 15 ft.
- Sun SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. W swell 8 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cascade Head to Florence OR out 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE