Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 843 AM PDT SAT OCT 25 2014
Coastal waters from Cascade Head to Florence OR out 10 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA 985 MB LOW ABOUT 200 MILES WEST OF NORTH BEND WILL PUSH NE
TODAY. THE LOW WILL MOVE ONSHORE JUST N OF THE WILLAPA BAY LATE
THIS AFTERNOON. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD ACROSS THE OREGON COASTAL
WATERS TONIGHT AND SUN. A WEAK FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION
EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Today S wind 30 to 40 kt...veering to SW this afternoon. Combined seas 11 ft early...building to 18 to 20 ft early this afternoon. Dominant period 12 seconds. Showers. Isolated tstms.
- Tonight W wind 20 to 25 kt. Few gusts 35 kt early... Then easing to 15 to 20 kt. Combined seas near 18 ft...easing to 13 ft overnight. Dominant period 11 seconds. Showers. Isolated tstms.
- Sun W wind 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 4 ft. W swell 9 ft at 10 seconds. Showers likely.
- Sun Night W wind 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft. W swell 9 ft at 10 seconds... Subsiding to 7 ft.
- Mon S wind 10 kt in the morning...then S 15 to 20 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. NW swell 7 ft at 10 seconds.
- Tue S wind 25 to 35 kt. Combined seas 13 ft.
- Wed S wind 15 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. W swell 9 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cascade Head to Florence OR out 10 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE