Severe weather possible for parts of Mississippi, Tennessee and Ohio Valleys
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe weather Thursday afternoon and evening. Scattered strong to severe storms are expected to develop from southern Mo. across Ark. and into northern La. during the afternoon hours before spreading eastward into western portions Tenn. and Ky., northwest Miss. and southern Ill. during the evening. The main threat will be damaging winds.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 25 G 36 mph
Barometer29.73 in (1006.5 mb)
Current conditions at
Chamberlain Municipal Airport (K9V9)
Lat: 43.8 Lon: -99.32 Elev: 1739ft.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows around 41. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts to around 30 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Friday Partly cloudy. Highs around 76. Southwest winds around 5 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 46. East winds 5 to 10 mph becoming 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph after midnight. Saturday Partly cloudy and windy. Highs around 71. East winds 15 to 25 mph becoming southeast 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Saturday Night Windy. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 51. East winds 20 to 30 mph. Sunday Windy. Thunderstorms likely. Highs around 64. Chance of rain 60 percent. Sunday Night Thunderstorms likely. Lows around 47. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Highs around 57. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of light rain. Lows around 41. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of light rain. Highs around 52. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of light rain. Lows around 36. Wednesday And Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. Highs around 55. Lows around 37. Thursday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of light rain. Highs around 58.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE