Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Barometer30.01 in (1016.2 mb)
Current conditions at
Jackson, McKellar-Sipes Regional Airport (KMKL)
Lat: 35.61 Lon: -88.92 Elev: 433ft.
Today Breezy. A chance of sprinkles in the morning. Cloudy in the morning...then becoming mostly sunny. Highs around 50. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to near 30 mph. Tonight Clear. Lows around 30. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind gusts to near 25 mph in the evening. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds around 10 mph. Saturday Night Areas of frost after midnight. Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Monday And Monday Night Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. Lows in the mid 40s. Tuesday Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Tuesday Night Cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday Showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE