Winter weather forecast for Rockies and southern Plains
A developing storm system will bring snow to parts of the Rockies and southern Plains on Friday, which will move into the central U.S. on Saturday. Freezing rain is also forecast from Texas to the mid-Mississippi Valley and into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, temperatures will be 20-40 degrees below normal across parts of the central and southern U.S. on Friday.
Wind SpeedN 8 mph
Barometer30.52 in (1033.9 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Memphis, Memphis International Airport (KMEM)
Lat: 35.06 Lon: -89.99 Elev: 331ft.
Tonight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night Not as cold. Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds around 5 mph. Sunday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night Rain. Lows in the upper 30s. South winds around 5 mph becoming north 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 80 percent. Monday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s. Monday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Tuesday Warmer. Showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday Night Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Cooler. Showers likely. Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Night Much colder. A chance of rain in the evening. A chance of snow in the late evening and after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs around 40. Thursday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Friday Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE