Winter weather forecast for Rockies and southern Plains
A developing storm system will bring snow to parts of the Rockies and southern Plains on Friday, which will move into the central U.S. on Saturday. Freezing rain is also forecast from Texas to the mid-Mississippi Valley and into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, temperatures will be 20-40 degrees below normal across parts of the central and southern U.S. on Friday.
Wind SpeedNE 10 mph
Barometer30.47 in (1032.5 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Chattanooga, Lovell Field (KCHA)
Lat: 35.03 Lon: -85.2 Elev: 679ft.
This Afternoon Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower to mid 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower to mid 20s. Northeast winds 10 mph or less. Saturday Partly sunny. Highs in the lower to mid 40s. Light winds. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light winds. Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs around 50. Light winds. Sunday Night Cloudy with rain likely. Lows around 40. Chance of rain 70 percent. Monday Cloudy with rain likely. Highs in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the lower 40s. Tuesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Tuesday Night Cloudy with showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Cloudy with showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with rain likely. Colder. Lows in the mid to upper 30s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s to lower 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE