Marginal Risk of severe weather for central Texas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Marginal Risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of central Texas. Large hail will be the main risk. Elsewhere, widely-scattered thunderstorms not expected to reach severe limits are possible surrounding the Marginal Risk area in Texas, as well as across the Ozarks and central Florida.
Wind SpeedN 10 mph
Barometer30.18 in (1020.4 mb)
Current conditions at
Childress Municipal Airport (KCDS)
Lat: 34.44 Lon: -100.28 Elev: 1951ft.
Rest Of Today Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight Clear. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds around 10 mph. Friday Sunny...cooler. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Colder. Lows in the lower 30s. East winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Increasing clouds. Not as cool. Lows in the mid 40s. Sunday Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. Monday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 50. Tuesday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE