Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedW 7 mph
Barometer30.09 in (1020.7 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Bluefield, Mercer County Airport (KBLF)
Lat: 37.3 Lon: -81.21 Elev: 2858ft.
Overnight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Light and variable winds...becoming northwest around 10 mph. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 10 mph. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow after midnight. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening...becoming light and variable. Chance of snow 20 percent. Saturday Snow likely with freezing rain in the morning...then snow in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds. Sunday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. Sunday Night And Monday Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and freezing rain. Lows around 30. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Monday Night And Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Lows in the lower 30s. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tuesday Night Rain likely. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy. Rain and snow showers likely in the morning...then a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow and rain showers in the evening...then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Cooler with lows in the mid 20s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Christmas Day Mostly sunny. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Highs in the lower 30s. Chance of snow 40 percent. Wind chill values as low as 5 above in the morning.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE