Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Current conditions at
Winchester Regional (KOKV)
Lat: 39.15 Lon: -78.15 Elev: 728ft.
Overnight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Light and variable winds. Sunday Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds...becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Monday A chance of freezing rain and sleet in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Highs around 40. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Monday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds around 5 mph. Tuesday Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 40s. Tuesday Night Rain likely. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Rain. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 90 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Christmas Day Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Thursday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Saturday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE