Unseasonably cold temperatures in the central and eastern U.S. through Wednesday
A powerful cold front has ushered in unseasonably cold temperatures to the central and eastern U.S. for early this week. Freezing temperatures will dive into the Deep South and to the Mid-Atlantic through Wednesday morning. This will be damaging to sensitive vegetation. Numerous Frost Advisories and Freeze Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 18 G 23 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Leesburg / Godfrey (KJYO)
Lat: 39.08 Lon: -77.57 Elev: 390ft.
Overnight Partly cloudy and brisk. Much colder with lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Wednesday Sunny. Highs around 50. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Cold with lows in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows around 40. Saturday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 60s. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Monday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the lower 50s. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE