Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Current conditions at
Rusk County Airport (KRCX)
Lat: 45.48 Lon: -91 Elev: 1237ft.
Today Widespread fog in the morning. Showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 90 percent. Tonight Showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent. Friday Cooler. Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Friday Night Colder. A slight chance of rain in the evening... Then rain likely after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain in the morning...then a slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday Night Decreasing clouds. Lows in the lower 30s. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Monday Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs near 50. Monday Night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the mid 30s. Tuesday Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Tuesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Wednesday Partly cloudy. Highs near 60.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE