Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. on Saturday
Another Pacific system will impact the West Coast today. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. Strong winds and heavy elevation snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
Barometer30.14 in (1023.4 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Beckley, Raleigh County Memorial Airport (KBKW)
Lat: 37.8 Lon: -81.12 Elev: 2503ft.
Tonight Cloudy. Cold with lows in the mid 20s. Light and variable winds. Sunday Mostly cloudy in the morning...then becoming mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds...becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Sunday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent. Monday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Monday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Tuesday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. Tuesday Night Rain likely. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Wednesday Rain. Highs in the lower 50s. Temperature falling into the lower 40s in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent. Wednesday Night Cloudy. Rain and snow likely in the evening... Then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Blustery and much colder with lows in the upper 20s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Christmas Day Cloudy with a chance of snow showers in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Blustery and much cooler with highs in the upper 30s. Chance of snow 30 percent. Thursday Night And Friday Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. Highs in the upper 40s. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Saturday Cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE