Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedW 10 G 20 mph
Barometer29.96 in (1013.9 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Heat Index90°F (32°C)
Current conditions at
Martinsburg, Eastern W. Virginia Reg/Shepherdstown (KMRB)
Lat: 39.41 Lon: -77.98 Elev: 531ft.
This Afternoon Partly sunny with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Hot with highs around 90. Southwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the mid 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds around 5 mph...becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Wednesday Night Mostly clear in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds around 5 mph. Thursday Mostly sunny. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds...becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Friday Mostly sunny. Hot with highs around 90. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Saturday Showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 80s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Monday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE