Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Wind SpeedSW 3 mph
Current conditions at
Petersburg, Grant County Airport (KW99)
Lat: 38.98 Lon: -79.13 Elev: 961ft.
Rest Of Today Partly sunny. Patchy fog late this morning. Scattered showers this afternoon. Highs around 70. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers in the evening. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds around 5 mph. Friday Cloudy. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Friday Night Showers likely. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 40s. Monday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Tuesday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE