Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Strong, damaging wind gusts will be the primary threat.
Wind SpeedNW 14 G 20 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Heat Index80°F (27°C)
Current conditions at
Mount Airy / Surry County Airport (KMWK)
Lat: 36.46 Lon: -80.55 Elev: 1247ft.
Rest Of Today Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows around 60. Northwest winds around 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph in the evening...becoming light and variable. Tuesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds. Tuesday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds. Wednesday Sunny. Highs around 80. Light and variable winds. Wednesday Night And Thursday Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. Highs in the lower 80s. Thursday Night And Friday Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. Highs around 80. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday Night And Sunday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE