Issued by NWS Corpus Christi, TX
FGUS84 KCRP 280209
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CORPUS CHRISTI TX
909 PM CDT TUE SEP 27 2016
...Notable but below river flood levels expected on
the Rio Grande...
For the Rio Grande At Columbia Bridge.
* Latest Stage: 11.9 feet, or 3.6 meters at 8 PM Tuesday.
* Flood Stage: 18.0 feet, or 5.5 meters.
* Bankfull Stage: 16.0 feet, or 4.9 meters.
* Caution Stage: 10.0 feet, or 3.0 meters.
* Forecast: The river will continue a slow fall, but will
remain above caution stage until Wednesday night.
For the Rio Grande At Laredo.
* Latest Stage: 6.4 feet, or 2.0 meters at 8 PM Tuesday.
* Flood Stage: 8.0 feet, or 2.4 meters.
* Bankfull and Caution Stage: 7.0 feet, or 2.1 meters.
* Forecast: No flooding is expected, with the river forecast
to crest around 7.0 feet, or 2.1 meters Wednesday morning.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, local TV and radio
stations, or cable TV outlets, for the latest weather
information, as additional rainfall could affect crest
Below are the latest river stages and stage forecasts:
FLD LATEST FORECAST 6 AM LST
LOCATION STG STG DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Columbia Bridge 18 11.9 Tue 08 PM 11.3 9.1 8.0 7.5 7.3
Laredo 8 6.4 Tue 08 PM 7.0 5.9 3.9 2.9 2.6