Issued by NWS Green Bay, WI
FGUS83 KGRB 190207
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI
907 PM CDT TUE OCT 18 2016
...The following rivers were reported to be rising ...or will be
rising in the next 24 hours...the Memoninee River...Menominee
For the Menominee River near Kingsford
* The latest stage was 7404 feet.
* At 8000 feet...Flows at this rate downstream from the Kingsford dam
may impact some shoreline structures .
For the Menominee River below Twin Falls Dam
* The latest stage was 17.1 feet.
* At 16.5 feet...Flows downstream of the Kingsford Dam to Niagara
become fast. Property owners may need to take action to protect
For the Memoninee River near Big Quinnesec Falls Dam
* The latest stage was 8261 feet.
* At 5000 feet...While flooding is not expected...rivers flows are
high or expected to increase. Recreational interests should monitor
the river. Property owners adjacent to the river should consider
protecting shoreline equipment including docks piers and boats.
For the Menominee River near Niagara
* The latest stage was 11.0 feet.
* At 11.5 feet...Near 8200 cfs...piers gorge downstream considered high
for local rafting companies downstream .
For the Menominee River near Vulcan
* The latest stage was 11.4 feet.
* At 9.0 feet...There is lowland flooding along the river.
Caution is urged when walking near riverbanks. The next scheduled
routine statement will be issued tomorrow morning.
Additional stage information and forecasts if available.
FLD Observed Forecast 7AM
Location STG STG Day/Time Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon
Menominee Dams flow
Kingsford MS 7404.0 Tue 07 PM MSG MSG MSG MSG MSG MSG
Twin Falls 20 17.1 Tue 07 PM MSG MSG MSG MSG MSG MSG
Big Quinne MS 8261.0 Tue 07 PM MSG MSG MSG MSG MSG MSG
Niagara 13 11.0 Tue 07 PM 12.4 11.4 10.4 9.8 9.3 8.9
Vulcan 15 11.4 Tue 08 PM 12.9 12.4 11.5 11.0 10.6 10.0