Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 191535
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
1135 AM EDT FRI AUG 19 2016
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke and St. Joseph
.Recent heavy rainfall will result in nearly steady river levels on the
Kankakee River at Davis through Saturday.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
1035 AM CDT FRI AUG 19 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* until further notice.
* At 10 AM Friday the stage was 12.8 feet and steady.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to 12.8 feet around 1 PM
Friday August 19 with additional rises possible thereafter.
* At 13.0 feet...Extensive agricultural flooding is in progress.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679