Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 230224
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
1024 PM EDT MON AUG 22 2016
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke and St. Joseph
.Flooding will continue along the Kankakee River at Davis through the
rest of the week.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
924 PM CDT MON AUG 22 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* until Monday August 29.
* At 9 PM Monday the stage was 12.2 feet and steady.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will fall below the 10.0 foot flood stage
around 1 AM Sunday August 28.
* At 13.0 feet...Extensive agricultural flooding is in progress.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 12.2 feet which occurred
on Apr 20 2013.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679