Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 231451
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
1051 AM EDT TUE AUG 23 2016
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke and St. Joseph
.Flooding will continue along the Kankakee River at Davis through the
rest of the week.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
951 AM CDT TUE AUG 23 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* until late Sunday night.
* At 9 AM Tuesday the stage was 12.0 feet and steady.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will fall below the 10.0 foot flood stage
around 1 AM Sunday August 28.
* At 13.0 feet...Extensive agricultural flooding is in progress.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679