Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 251434
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
1034 AM EDT THU AUG 25 2016
...The Flood Warning has been extended for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke and St. Joseph
.River levels on the Kankakee River at Davis are expected to continue
to drop. Minor flooding will continue over the next 48 hours.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
934 AM CDT THU AUG 25 2016
The Flood Warning has been extended for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* until late Sunday night.
* At 9 AM Thursday the stage was 11.4 feet and steady.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will fall below the 10.0 foot flood stage
around 4 AM Sunday August 28.
* At 11.0 feet...Flooding of secondary roads near the river begins.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679