Winter Weather Warnings / Watches / Advisories
Issued by NWS Marquette, MI
WWUS43 KMQT 260156
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Marquette MI
956 PM EDT Sat Mar 25 2017
...Freezing Rain Expected across Upper Michigan Overnight into
Southern Houghton-Northern Schoolcraft-
Including the cities of Copper Harbor, Ontonagon, Houghton,
Hancock, L`Anse, Gwinn, Marquette, Grand Marais, Munising,
Newberry, Ironwood, Iron River, Iron Mountain, Escanaba,
Gladstone, Manistique, Kenton, Sidnaw, and Seney
956 PM EDT Sat Mar 25 2017 /856 PM CDT Sat Mar 25 2017/
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT
/11 AM CDT/ SUNDAY...
* Freezing rain is expected to move northward across Upper
Michigan overnight into Sunday morning.
* One to two tenths of an inch of ice accumulation is expected
across interior locations. Little to no ice accumulation is
expected along the immediate shores of the Great Lakes.
* Temperatures will rise well-above freezing for most locations
by Sunday afternoon.
* Non-treated surfaces will be slippery overnight through much
of Sunday morning.
* Ice accumulations will be primarily on non-treated and
elevated surfaces, such as trees and powerlines.
* A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain
will cause travel difficulties.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.weather.gov/mqt