Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 231508
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
1008 AM EST MON JAN 23 2017
...The Flood Warning is cancelled for the following rivers...
Tippecanoe River near Ora affecting Fulton...Kosciusko...Marshall...
Pulaski AND Starke Counties
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke AND St. Joseph
.Rises on area rivers occured after recent rainfall. A few area rivers have
dropped below flood stage in between systems.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
908 AM CST MON JAN 23 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* Until Tuesday afternoon.
* At 9 AM Monday the stage was 10.1 feet and steady.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will fall below the 10.0 foot flood stage
around 12 PM Monday January 23.
* At 10.0 feet...Flooding of low lying agricultural areas begins.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 10.4 feet which occurred
on Nov 4 2016.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679
308 PM GMT MON JAN 23 2017
The Flood Warning is cancelled for
The Tippecanoe River near Ora
* At 9 AM Monday the stage was 11.9 feet
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* The river fell below flood stage very early Monday morning.
* Forecast...The river will fall to near 11.9 feet around 1 PM
Monday January 23.
* At 12.0 feet...The river is at flood stage...significant lowland
and rural flooding begins.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 12.1 feet which occurred
on Jun 29 2015.
LAT...LON 4109 8658 4116 8660 4117 8656 4117 8653
4115 8657 4108 8655