Issued by NWS Wichita, KS
FGUS83 KICT 261856
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WICHITA KS
156 PM CDT MON SEP 26 2016
For the Walnut River, the following locations are included: Arkansas
Near Arkansas City:
* No flooding is forecast at this time.
* The 01 PM Monday stage was 14.7 feet and rising.
* The flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* It is forecast to crest around 16.7 feet Tuesday morning.
* At 18.0 feet...Considerable flooding of farmland can be expected.
There is considerable flooding upstream along the west bank of the
Walnut River. On the east bank, the ground slopes upward so that only
about a 300 foot wide strip of land would be affected.
Stay tuned to further developments by listening to NOAA Weather radio
or local media sources.
FLD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
Location STG STG DAY TIME Tue Wed Thu
Arkansas City 18.0 14.7 Mon 01 PM 16.7 13.6 8.3