Issued by NWS Oklahoma City, OK
FGUS84 KOUN 070658
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK
158 AM CDT TUE JUL 7 2015
...A crest near flood stage is forecast for the following locations
along the Washita River...
For the Washita River near Cheyenne...
* Flood stage is 13.5 feet.
* The latest stage was 11.71 feet at 1 AM Tuesday.
* The Washita River is forecast to crest near 12.7 feet
early Tuesday afternoon.
* Impact...When the Washita River reaches 12.5 feet near Cheyenne...
Flooding of low-lying agricultural lands along the Washita River
may occur in Roger Mills and western Custer counties above the
headwaters of Foss Lake.
For the Washita River near Clinton...
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* The latest stage was 8.71 feet at 1 AM Tuesday.
* The Washita River is forecast to crest near 17.8 feet
mid Wednesday morning.
* Impact...When the Washita River reaches 18.0 feet near Clinton...
Shallow overflows occur only to rural lands along the Washita River
valley...from areas near the mouth of Barnitz Creek...to near
Clinton in Custer County...and downstream to near the town of
Cloud Chief in Washita County. Greater depths could occur in areas
where smaller streams enter the Washita River valley. Some
farmsteads may be isolated by water over local roads.
People in flood prone areas should continue to monitor water
levels...and be prepared to seek higher ground should water levels
rise suddenly. Stay tuned for further information by listening to
weather radio or local media sources.