Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 280248
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
1048 PM EDT SAT AUG 27 2016
...The Flood Warning has been extended for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke and St. Joseph
.Additional rainfall has caused the Kankakee River at Davis to rise
again and will remain in flood through the weekend.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
948 PM CDT SAT AUG 27 2016
The Flood Warning has been extended for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* until late Wednesday night.
* At 9 PM Saturday the stage was 10.9 feet and steady.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will fall below the 10.0 foot flood stage
around 1 AM Wednesday August 31.
* At 11.0 feet...Flooding of secondary roads near the river begins.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679