Issued by NWS Topeka, KS
FGUS83 KTOP 260106
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TOPEKA KS
806 PM CDT SUN SEP 25 2016
Water levels will approach flood stage on the Kansas River near
Lawrence...and have crested and begun to fall on the Kansas River
For the Kansas River at Lawrence
* The latest stage was 17.5 feet at 8 PM Sunday.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* The maximum stage forecast is 17.9 feet Monday morning.
* The river is forecast to crest very near flood stage. Those with
interests along the Kansas River should closely monitor future
forecasts for any possible changes in the expected crest.
For the Kansas River at Lecompton
* The latest stage was 15.9 feet at 7 PM Sunday.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* The river has crested at Lecompton and will continue to recede.