Issued by NWS Greer, SC
WGUS42 KGSP 182123
BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC
423 PM EST WED NOV 18 2015
...The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg
has issued a Flood Warning for the FRENCH BROAD RIVER in North
At BLANTYRE affecting Henderson and Transylvania Counties
Runoff from heavy rain will cause the river to rise above minor
Remember...river stage forecasts are based on observed and
forecasted rainfall. If actual rainfall varies from the forecast
values...the river stage will vary accordingly.
Do not drive cars through flooded areas. Remember...it is
difficult to recognize flooded areas at night.
The latest stages and forecasts for rivers can be found on our web
page at http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=gsp
Please report high water...flooding and landslides to the National
Weather Service Greenville-Spartanburg by calling toll free...1...
800...2 6 7...8 1 0 1...or by posting on our Facebook page...or tweet
it using hashtag nwsgsp. Your message should describe the event and
the specific location where it occurred.
423 PM EST WED NOV 18 2015
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the French Broad River At Blantyre.
* from Thursday morning to Friday evening...or until the warning is
* At 3:30 PM Wednesday the stage was 9.2 feet and rising slowly.
* Minor flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise above minor flood stage by late Thursday morning and
continue to rise to near 17.0 feet by Thursday evening. The river
will fall below minor flood stage by Friday morning.
* Impact...At 17.0 feet...Minor flooding on the French Broad River
continues. Water approaches buildings north of Grove Bridge Road
along Highway 64. Farmland between the river and the railroad
tracks will be flooded. Parts of Pleasant Grove Road near Creeks
Edge Drive will be covered with up to 6 inches of water. Tally Road
near the Transylvania-Henderson County line will be covered with up
to 6 inches of water.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet...The French Broad River reaches Minor Flood
Stage. Farmland flooding continues on both sides of the French
Broad River. Near Grove Bridge Road, a local tree farm and
greenhouse will flood. Parts of Pleasant Grove Road between Tally
Road and Creeks Edge Drive will begin to flood.
* Impact...At 15.8 feet...Farmland flooding continues on both sides
of the French Broad River. The river approaches Pleasant Grove Road
between Tally Road and Creeks Edge Drive.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet...Most farm fields will be flooded between
the French Broad River and Brevard Road as well as between the French
Broad River and Pleasant Grove Road.
* Impact...At 14.5 feet...French Broad River overflows its banks and
approaches parts of Big Willow Road and River Road near Etowah.
LAT...LON 3538 8257 3537 8250 3529 8254 3521 8267
3526 8274 3534 8261