Issued by NWS Houston/Galveston, TX
FGUS84 KHGX 231448
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON, TX
ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CORPUS CHRISTI TX
948 AM CDT TUE AUG 23 2016
...This river statement includes the following: Colorado River...Tres
Palacios River...West Mustang Creek...
* The Colorado River In Wharton.
* Latest stage: 21.7 feet late this morning.
* Bankfull stage: 20.0 feet.
* Flood stage: 39.0 feet.
* Forecast: The river will crest around 27.5 feet Wednesday, then
begin a gradual fall.
* The Tres Palacios River Near Midfield.
* Latest stage: 14.3 feet this morning.
* Bankfull stage: 15.0 feet.
* Flood stage: 24.0 feet.
* Forecast: The river will continue a slow fall. This is the last
forecast for this event.
* The West Mustang Creek Near Ganado.
* Latest stage: 11.2 feet this morning.
* Bankfull stage: 9.0 feet.
* Flood stage: 20.0 feet.
* Forecast: The creek will continue a slow fall, and will fall below
bankfull stage on Wednesday.
Bankfull Observed Forecast 6 AM
Location Stage Stage Day Time Wed Thu Fri Sat
Wharton 20.0 21.7 Tue 09 AM 26.8 24.4 18.2 16.1
Tres Palacios River
Midfield 15.0 14.3 Tue 08 AM 7.2 4.2 3.8 3.7
West Mustang Creek
Ganado 9.0 11.2 Tue 09 AM 9.9 7.3 5.7 4.8