Issued by NWS Wichita, KS
FGUS83 KICT 291902
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WICHITA KS
202 PM CDT SUN MAY 29 2016
For the Walnut River, the following locations are included: Arkansas
Near Arkansas City:
* No flooding is forecast at this time.
* The 01 PM Sunday stage was 17.3 feet and rising.
* The flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* At 18.0 feet...Considerable flooding of farmland can be expected.
There is considerable flooding upstream along the west bank of the
Walnut River. On the east bank, the ground slopes upward so that only
about a 300 foot wide strip of land would be affected.
* This will be the last statement for this event.
Stay tuned to further developments by listening to NOAA Weather radio
or local media sources.
FLD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
Location STG STG DAY TIME Mon Tue Wed
Arkansas City 18.0 17.3 Sun 01 PM 15.4 11.9 8.5