Issued by NWS Northern Indiana
WGUS83 KIWX 221532
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
1032 AM EST SUN JAN 22 2017
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers...
Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte...Starke AND St. Joseph
.Recent rainfall has led to rises on area rivers.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep
to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood
waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further
statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the
internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in
about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
932 AM CST SUN JAN 22 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
The Kankakee River at Davis
* UNTIL TUESDAY AFTERNOON.
* At 9 AM Sunday the stage was 10.4 feet and steady.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will fall below the 10.0 foot flood stage
around 12 PM Monday January 23.
* At 10.0 feet...Flooding of low lying agricultural areas begins.
LAT...LON 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679