Issued by NWS Austin/San Antonio, TX
FGUS84 KEWX 311603
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO TX
1103 AM CDT TUE MAY 31 2016
This river statement is for the Medina River...San Antonio River.
For the Medina River At Bandera.
* Latest stage: 9.5 feet at 11 AM Tuesday.
* Flood Stage: 13.0 feet.
* Bankfull Stage: 10.0 feet.
* Forecast: The river fell below action stage early Tuesday
morning and is expected to continue to fall.
This is the last forecast for this event.
For the Medina River At Hwy 281.
* Latest stage: 9.8 feet at 10 AM Tuesday.
* Flood Stage: 20.0 feet.
* Bankfull Stage: 16.0 feet.
* Forecast: No flooding is expected. The river is expected
to reach action stage by 2 pm on Tuesday before cresting
at about 18.8 feet on Wednesday afternoon before graudally
falling once more.
For the San Antonio River Near near Falls City.
* Latest stage: 4.4 feet at 10 AM Tuesday.
* Flood Stage: 12.0 feet.
* Bankfull Stage: 6.0 feet.
* Forecast: No flooding is expected. The river is expected to
reach action stage by early Wednesday morning before cresting
and gradually falling once more.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms with locally heavy rain is
forecasted for the rest of the week
Below are the latest river stages and forecasts:
BF FLD Observed Forecast 7AM
Location STG STG STG Day Time Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Bandera 10 13 9.5 Tue 11 AM 8.9 8.4 8.0 7.7 7.4
Hwy 281 16 20 9.8 Tue 10 AM 12.4 18.5 18.6 17.6 15.8
near Falls Cit 6 12 4.4 Tue 10 AM 6.3 5.5 5.1 5.1 4.7