Red Flag Warning
Issued by NWS North Platte, NE
WWUS83 KLBF 192044
URGENT - FIRE WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service North Platte NE
344 PM CDT Sun Mar 19 2017
Eastern Panhandle/Crescent Lake NWR-
Sandhills/Valentine NWR/Nebraska National Forest-Frenchman Basin-
344 PM CDT Sun Mar 19 2017 /244 PM MDT Sun Mar 19 2017/
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT /7 PM MDT/
THIS EVENING FOR LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY, BREEZY SHIFTING WINDS AND
A DRY COLD FRONT FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 204, 206, 210, AND 219...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 204. Fire weather zone
206. Fire weather zone 210. Fire weather zone 219.
* WIND...West to northwest at 15 to 22 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
* HUMIDITY...7 To 15 percent.
* IMPACTS...Range fires will have the potential to burn out of
control and exhibit extreme behavior.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.